Last night I put the finishing touches on our profile, and after two months it is finally done. I wanted to include a shot of the mural, which is proving to be more difficult than expected. I've learned a few things so far about painting a mural:
- If you want to draw on the paint, don't get the expensive kind that is supposed to be resistant to writing on by little ones. Duh! I'm going through Sharpies like candy!
- Paint the background first, THEN add the characters. Painting around characters is an insanely long and tedious process! So much time could have been saved.
- Start with the small trial size paint jars, not 2 gallon cans. I bought one for the grass, and one for the sky, and have barely made a dent in either.
Now the question remains, how to be patient while we wait to get picked? I've already been checking my email obsessively all day hoping to hear back from the lawyer about changes to the profile...
Hooray for finishing the profile! I am not the person to give advice about patience, except to say that you are doing everything you can do, and the rest is up to God. Just keep busy and come say hi once in awhile, and remember that you are loved and lots of people are praying for you! :D
ReplyDelete