Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Packet B!

    We have our first appointment for the homestudy on the 20th!  I'm excited, but nervous.  Everything is happening a bit quicker than expected.  We also managed to squeeze in on a pre-adoption education seminar for this Saturday, as the next one isn't until August.  It is a requirement for our homestudy, so nice to not have to hold things up for that.  Packet B includes medical statements (we both have to get physicals), proof of health insurance coverage, birth certificates, marriage license, 5 reference letters, and criminal background checks. 
    Yesterday I spent hours digging up grass and planting flowers, and now have a new appreciation for my Mom's garden.  Wow, am I sore!  I just hope the flowers survive.  Thanks to Sam's Dad lending me a projector, I spent Saturday sketching out Dr. Seuss all over the baby room walls.  It took about 12 hours with a break for lunch, but I got it done.  Now I have to go over it with a Sharpie, and then paint it all!  Pictures to come.  :)

1 comment: