What a crazy week it has been! On Monday we got a call from the paralegal that both Sam and I missed. She left a message on both our voicemails that sounded rather promising. Sam returned the call, but she was on the phone, so neither of us could concentrate until she called us back. I was waiting to run to the post office to mail in the second set of 10 profiles that my sister Donna just finished working hard on printing/binding for us. Well I didn't end up mailing them, as we'd been matched with an expectant mom due April 15th! Things happened a bit backwards, as she saw our profile at her agency before we even knew about her, and I guess she liked what she saw.
It took awhile to sink in, being matched after only 2 1/2 months. We had her medical records looked over by a doctor who specializes in looking over those records for adoption, and came up with a bunch of questions to ask. Though we still have some concerns, there was nothing major to change our mind about going through with the match. We also found out that she's having a boy!
Now we are waiting for a call with the lawyer (Monday) to prepare us for a call with the expectant mom on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm so nervous as I'm terrible with phones, and I am so afraid she'll change her mind after talking to us. We have until Friday to decide if we are going through with the match, and to send in 1/4 of what we'll owe for it. By then we should know a little about the father, too. Phew! Trying not to get excited, but I've already bought some cute blue onesies... :)
Cool!! How wonderful!!!! I'm praying!!
ReplyDeleteExciting!!! Praying for you guys, that the meeting goes well and everything keeps looking good!
ReplyDelete