Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 down, 1 to go!

I'm a little behind on updating, mostly because we've been so busy!  We've had to make an effort to spend some time together just Sam and I doing something other than work and adoption prep, which is new for us after Sam not having a job for 4 months.  No complaints on him having a job, but sometimes you just don't realize how time can fly by without that "us" time.  Sam and I have both had our solo home study appointments, and I survived mine.  Woo!  Well, we both survived, but I was the one nervous about it.  Not that we have anything to worry about, as the social worker assured me, but I still felt like I was not explaining myself well and saying stupid stuff.  Our last home study, the one that will actually be at our house, is scheduled for the 24th.  If only we'd finished our house prep, we could have had it this Friday!  Still so much to do, though.  At least we don't have to clean out the closets that much, as she promised she wouldn't look in those.  :) 

Thank you *SO MUCH* to everybody that's donated money and bought from our fundraiser pages!  Between my models sold and the money you all have helped us raise, we had enough to cover all of our pre-adoption expenses!  We've also recently received enough to cover most of the initial attorney retainer (I need to update the thermometer to the right to reflect that).  We still have quite a bit to raise, but it amazes me how when we needed it, the money was there.  We are now all paid up on pre-adoption expenses, have mailed in our notarized background checks, medical sheet filled out from our physicals, and are now just waiting on 1 birth certificate (come on Virginia *taps foot*), our proof of health insurance, and any outstanding references.  Time to start working on our "Dear expectant parent(s)" letter/profile and pick out our prettiest, most interesting pictures to include with it.  I'll be sure to update when everything is done and we are finally "EXPECTING"!

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAYYYY I am so happy things are going well! I wear my T-shirt EVERY TIME it is clean (so about once a week) and I pray for you guys all the time. :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are moving along so well! I, too, enjoy my t-shirt. It is very comfortable. Love, Mom S

    ReplyDelete